Creative Writers of PSL
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Go down
Miranda Fields
Admin
https://creative-writers-psl.forumotion.com

Meeting 1 Prompt Empty Meeting 1 Prompt

Tue May 14, 2019 5:09 pm
Look Who's Talking

Deciding which point of view to use is one of the biggest decisions an author makes when they start writing a new story. This is because the narration mode significantly impacts how a reader experiences a story.

For instance, Young Adult novels are often in the first person because it allows the main character's voice to come to the forefront.

This week, you are challenged to write a story using one of the following types of point of view:

1.      First Person Point of View (a story being told from the perspective of the narrator, using pronouns like "I," "my," and "mine.")
2.      Second Person Point of View (a story that addresses the reader directly, using pronouns like "you," "your," and "you're.")
3.      Third Person Omniscient Point of View (a story told from the perspective of an all-knowing narrator who shares the thoughts and actions of any character at any time, using pronouns like "they," "them," "he," or "she.")
4.      Third Person Limited Point of View (a story told from the perspective of a narrator who only shares the thoughts and actions of one main character, using pronouns like "they," "them," "he," or "she.")
5.      Or write a piece that incorporates First, Second, and Third Person Point of View

Taking things further, if you're struggling with the ambiguity of the prompt, pick one of the following to help you get started:

1.      You live in a busy and bustling city, where sound is something that's always constant. One morning you wake up to complete and utter silence.
2.      Write a story that starts in one time period and ends in another based on one location. Compare how you/your character interacts with this setting now to how you/your character interacted with the same settings as a child. How has your/their perspective changed.
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum